2017 Winter Pennant Draw
Summary of changes to Winter Pennant for 2017
New players that exceed their estimated points cap by 40 points or more and their team exceeds the maximum points cap for that grade the player will not be permitted to compete in the finals and will need to be replaced by a player from a lower grade.
Players points will be a minimum of 30% or their carried forward points whichever the highest.
Grades will be a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 8 teams, 3 team nominations per club up from 2.
No doubles throughout competition
Matches to commence at 7.15pm
No matches to commence past 10.30pm
Team Captains are responsible for match recording, results to be text or emailed within 72 hours to record Secretary Tim von Einem 0478 837 827 or email@example.com
Uniform – club shorts and tops, track bottoms only in cold weather no exceptions
2017 Winter Pennant Finals
TTSA is trialling a new pennant finals program for 2017 called ‘Super Saturday’.
Below is a summary of the key points of the new format:
• Matches to be held on a ‘Super’ Saturday featuring all grade finals followed by presentations and
a celebration of the TTSA Winter Pennant champions and best players
• Teams and players will be introduced to the spectators prior to matches commencing by an
• There will be 6 competition courts set up with 2 practice courts for warm ups
• The first round of finals will be scheduled to commence at 10:30am followed by the second round
of finals which will feature the higher grades including some of the state’s best players
• After the second round of finals there will be the presentation of premiership awards to winning
teams and leading players.
The aim of this change is to showcase the best players and teams in the state whilst also allowing the best
teams of each grade to perform in a more celebrated setting.
Based on the above, the 2017 Grand Finals will be held on Saturday 16 September 2017 at East Adelaide
TTC starting at 10.30am. The club will have new lighting and flooring in place for the Grand Finals.
To enable the finals to occur on the 16 September 2017, TTSA will be introducing a bye into the winter